Córdoba is an ancient city in southern Spain with a rich history. It was the cultural and financial center of several major periods of history. In Roman times, capital of the province Bética, after that the center of the Spanish Muslim world and then residence of the Catholic kings.
Córdoba is popular because of the many patios. Once a year, the most beautiful patios are open to the public during the patiofestival . This annual event takes place in May and always attracts many visitors. And what about the Flamenco? The dance of Andalusia you also can see in Córdoba. Daily shows, Flamenco Festival, shops with Flamenco Dresses, guitars, shoes, music and flamenco in the bars and clubs.
The city is divided into several areas, in terms of character and atmosphere the are all different from each other. The Jewish Quarter is a landmark in its entirety, the New Center is hip and happening and relaxed in the area around Plaza de la Corredera are some nice restaurants.
Things to do in Córdoba:
- The most beautiful sights in the Jewish Quarter, including the Mezquita
- Shopping in the new city center
- Walking on the Avenida de la Libertad
- Dining along the banks of the river on Paseo de la Ribera
- Plaza de la Corredera, the nicest square of Córdoba
- Relax in the beautiful city park Plaza de Colón