Sevilla, city of romance, long nights of flamenco, of temperament, of eating, drinking and talking, of orange trees, squares, of machos, of passion and of culture. Who has never been in Seville has a great experience ahead. You will fall in love with this beautiful city, the people and the culture.
The city has special attractions. Seville is famous for its Mudejar architecture. This is a mix of the Catholic Islamic architecture. After the victory of the Catholics on the Moors they left many beautiful buildings. However, there was a Catholic twist. A good example is the Cathedral with the Giralda. This is a mosque converted into a cathedral. The Real Alcázar, the royal palace with breathtaking gardens and patios, is an icon of Seville.
Food, drinks and entertainment is really part of the culture of Seville. On every street is a public place and always full of people. You can nicely join with the locals and enjoy of a lunch, tapas, drinks. Weekdays or weekends, it does not matter in Seville.
Tips to do in Sevilla:
- Walking through the Jewish Santa Cruz Quarter
- Eating tapas in the el Arenal area
- Bubbeling on the nice square Alameda de Hércules or the nice streets of Calla Betis
- Shopping in the city center, on and around Calle Sierpes
- Experience a flamenco show
- Rent a bike on Calle Arjona 8